I have an announcement to make! After careful consideration I have decided to change the name of my photography business. Past Perfect Photography will now be known as Erica Pezente Photography. Why the switch? Here's a few reasons why:
1. Erica Jacobson Photography was already taken. Bummer.
2. I started my photography business before my fiance and I got engaged. It would have been a little presumptuous (and possibly alarming) if I started a business with my then boyfriend's name tacked on. Luckily Rafael was kind enough to offer his last name to me and now I am free to plaster it wherever I like!
3. There's only one Erica Pezente. Like in the whole USA. Possibly the world, but if there's another Erica Pezente out there she definitely doesn't have a computer.
4. My friends and family didn't know I was a photographer. To be fair, I only started photography about two years ago, but I would share my images from my business Facebook page onto my personal page and no one ever knew that I took them. This one still puzzles me as I tried several experiments with how I posted images to my personal page and my friends still didn't recognize them as my images. Maybe I don't "look" like a photographer. Who knows.
5. People want to do business with people. All of my favorite businesses are personal brands. Heidi Hope, Jenna Kutcher, Asia Croson, Paige Poppe, Amy & Jordan Demos. When I think of their businesses I think of their personalities. It's also one less thing for clients to remember. You and your business are one and the same and that builds a personal connection.
I'm very excited for this re-brand and I can't wait to design a new logo and packaging! Also, thank you to my fiance, Rafael, for having such a unique last name.